Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: What have you manufactured for your S8?

  1. #1
    Jon P
    Guest Jon P's Avatar

    Post

    I have just made an intervalometer from an audio cassette that I stripped out and fitted with a basic switch. It really works and I have two speeds Play and Fast Forward!

    It cost me nothing but about two hours of fiddling around.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Describe exactly how it functions as an intervalometer, and how it interfaces to your camera.
    I just don't get it...

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Jon P
    Guest Jon P's Avatar

    Post

    The science bit eh.

    I took an old electronic remote relese and removed the switch. then stripped the cassette out leaving one of the plastic reels. Using some some stripped down leader inserted as a loop into the tape retainer on the reel (to set up the switch release). Now the two bared down wires of the cable release are taped side by side to the cassette housing. With some moor leader stripped down folded and inserted between them to keep the ends from forming a connection until the loop of leader pushes them together. The problem was making them meet with just a little pressure so that the walkman dosn't shut off as if the tape was at an end.

    Still with me (not easy without diagrams)

    The casette is inserted into the walkman and the cable release inserted into the remote socket. Press play or fast forwad and Voila I no longer have to keep releasing the shutter by hand!


    ------------------

  4. #4
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    I get it. You're using one wheel of the cassette to create a timing disk that comes around and pushes the two bare wires together to make contact which, in turn, triggers your camera to take a single frame.

    Clever. Super 8 lives on.

    Roger

    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  5. #5
    Jon P
    Guest Jon P's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks. Anyone else got a home made gadgets to share?

    ------------------

  6. #6
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    Yeah, I made a remote control 50 foot crane out of toilet paper rolls, gaffers tape and a 9v battery!
    (Just kidding)

    Nothing that clever, just my imitation steadicam, that I've mentioned on other posts.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •